The role in brief:
The Architectural Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Design department in the management of all design/development related issues. This role coordinates with the project teams, consults with clients, draws designs, and assists with budget proposals to ensure that both in-house and consultant designs comply with Agility design codes and overall ministry regulations as a whole.
• Conduct the required coordination works for the company’s global projects; coordination shall include but not be limited to clients, consultants, contractors, subcontractors and vendors
• Perform architectural design works, design management and design alteration works
• Review, update and coordinate all architectural work including shop drawings for multiple projects
• Assist in resolving site architectural issues (e.g. drawings discrepancies, method statements or correspondences) and implement the right methods to ensure quality and productivity
• Liaise and coordinate closely with clients, consultants, contractors, sub-contractors, and vendors on projects and works
• Carry out architectural works: scheduling, material requisition, cost control, project supervision, routine inspection of installed works, and relevant documentation
• Ensure compliance with architectural specifications and local authorities’ requirements, and achieve quality aspect of architectural works consistently
• Review project specifications, tender clarifications and construction drawings
• Prepare all necessary construction method statement and technical proposal to ensure smooth transition of works
• Coordinate all architectural drawings and works, submit and update status of shop drawings and materials as well as supervise work progress
• Relevant Degree / Diploma in Architecture or its equivalent
• Minimum 7 years of relevant local experience across multiple projects
• Ability to produce/revise design drawings using ACAD or other similar software
• Ability to interpret construction drawings for any discrepancies
• Awareness of requirements of relevant authorities (i.e. Ministries)
• Strong team player, equally strong working independently
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Organized and able to handle multiple projects at the same time
Agility is a global provider of integrated supply chain solutions with more than 20,000 employees, 450 offices in 100 countries around the world and over $4.5 billion in annual revenue. A publicly traded company, we offer our customers truly personalized service and flexible solutions tailored to meet their individual business needs, supported by a comprehensive network of warehousing facilities, transportation and freight management services.
Our customers span a range of industries from technology and retail to consumer products and oil and gas. In addition, Agility has three specialized business units: Defense & Government Services, Project Logistics, and Fairs & Events Logistics, each with dedicated teams to meet the complex customer requirements in these markets.