The Construction Project Manager is a full-time, year-round position located in the Mammoth Hot Springs (MHS) area of Yellowstone National Park.
This position is responsible for planning, coordinating, and overseeing a wide variety of projects involving the construction or maintenance of facilities, buildings, and building systems. Oversee the construction process from conceptualization to completion.
To learn more about the Maintenance department in Yellowstone, click here!
A Day in the life of a Construction Project Manager
- Planning, coordinating, and overseeing a wide variety of projects involving the construction or maintenance of facilities, buildings, and building systems. Oversee the construction process from conceptualization to completion.
- Assisting with determining the appropriate delivery method for each proposed project.
- Design Build
- Cost Plus with a Guaranteed Maximum
- Coordinating the selection of the appropriate consultants through Request for Qualification (RFQ) and Request for Proposals (RFP) process.
- Reviewing all project construction documents and specifications for contractual consistency and obligations. Manages internal process for project submittal, bulletin, RFI, RFP and change orders.
- Performing on-site inspections for quality or workmanship, quality of materials, conformity with plans & specifications, code compliance, on-site safety, project schedule verses progress, and general progress of the construction project.
- Maintain observation reports/logs with photos.
- Preparing contracts and negotiates revisions, Scope of Work, changes and additions to contractual agreement with consultants, contractors, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Reviewing & approve progress billings and when necessary negotiate revisions.
- Providing cost estimating, budget analysis and project schedule management.
- Facilitating all project and task scoping requirements, owner meetings and all compliance requirements.
- Coordinating the completion of Project and Task Statements and Project Close-out Reports and ensures reporting compliance with all Corporate directed Project and LSI project requirements.
- Reviewing construction documents and compiling submitted comments, for discussion with the National Park Service, and distributes to Architects and/or Engineering consultants.
- Assisting with ensuring all National Park Service-required NEPA and Section 106 compliance is planned, submitted for approval, and then programmed.
- Ensuring all project and task files, and related documentation, are maintained and up to date.
- Acting as the Owner representative and check for compliance of XPR Risk policies.
- Adhering to Xanterra’s Sustainability program.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
What We Provide:
- Vacation, Holiday and Sick Leave
- Health, life and other insurance benefits
- Free Access to our Employee Recreation Program (hiking, photography, camping, wildlife watching, and more!)
- Discounts in and around Yellowstone
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Have a minimum of 3 years of construction project management experience.
- Possess strong technical writing skills and a talent for expressing complex concepts in easily understandable, concise language.
- Have well developed organizational skills.
- Have talent for “getting the details right” and derive personal satisfaction from doing so.
- Be proficient in reading and interpreting construction documents.
- Be proficient in supervising personnel in accordance with Xanterra policies and procedures
- Have a good working knowledge of construction and maintenance operations, equipment and facilities.
- Have knowledge of OSHA (General Industry (1910) and Construction (1926)) safety and health standards in cooperation with Xanterra policies, procedures and programs.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, MS Project and CMMS computer programs.
- Be able to efficiently communicate and coordinate working relationships with all Xanterra departments and National Park Service personnel through effective writing and speaking skills.
- Be able to work in fast pace environment, on multiple projects at one time and be flexible to change.
- LEED AP BD+C preferred.
- Be at least 21 years old and possess a current, valid, driver’s license.
- Be able to read, understand, interpret and comply with all Xanterra’s company policies and procedures.
The Construction Project Manager must:
- Be capable of lifting and moving objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Possess physical stamina to withstand heavy labor-related to work in an outside environment.
- Be able to walk long distances over uneven terrain and climb stairs and ladders in all types of weather conditions.
- Be able to sit, stand, bend, kneel, and crawl for extended periods of time as required.
Why Yellowstone National Park Lodges
We operate 9 lodging facilities, 31 restaurants, and 5 campgrounds inside Yellowstone. We are a welcoming community who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy crafting memorable experiences for our guests. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection, we are the primary authorized concessioner in Yellowstone, and as such, we are proud stewards of the park.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
See Yourself Here
Connect with Us!