The Finland Oman School is the result of a partnership between Oman Educational Services LLC (OES), the owner Company of the German University of Technology in Oman (GUtech), and our Finnish partners specialized in Education.
Finland-Oman School is located in Halban, Oman. The school is a unique blend of the Finnish National Core Curriculum, the Omani Bilingual Curriculum, and the National Curriculum of England. The primary task of the school is to provide quality education, as well as support and develop the education system in Oman.
For the third academic year 2020/2021, the school offer Kindergarten Grades KG1 and KG2 (ages 3-5), Primary School Grades 1-6 (ages 5-11), and Secondary School Grades 7-10 (12-15).
We are looking for qualified and dedicated multi-national TEACHERS for the following subjects:
Early Years Teacher
All applicants must have a minimum requirement of a Master’s Degree in the subject area. Must possess a minimum of 3 years teaching experience in specialty subjects. Alternatively, must be a Bachelor degree holder in specialty subjects, with a minimum teaching experience of 4 years. If you are not a native English speaker you will need to have solid working proficiency in English (IELTS Score of 7 or equivalent is a requirement).
You could join our team if you;
– Are a native English speaker (for English subjects)
– Have a passion for education and teaching
– Are highly qualified, with knowledge and experience of the Finnish education system, and the National Curriculum of England
– Can facilitate age-appropriate active learning
– Are able to work under pressure
– Can emphasize upon pedagogical play
– Can act as a mentor for qualified local teachers
– Can work as part of a team both inside and outside of the classroom
What is expected from our teachers?
– Planning and implementing teaching according to the school curriculum and pedagogical approach
– Continuous student assessment, follow-up and recording of student development
– Running after-school activities
– Student supervision
– Contribution to the school development
– Organizing and participating in school and community events
– Weekly home/school communication with parents
– Substitution lesson cover of other teachers if needed
– Any other duties allocated by the school admin
Expected start date is 1st January 2021.
Oman Educational Services (OES) is a 100% Omani-owned limited liability company, established in 2006. OES started with a vision to bring in quality education to the people of the Sultanate of Oman and the wider region. The dedication to fulfil this vision is driven by a visionary founder who holds the promise of fulfilling the great aspirations of the past and illuminating the path to future generations.
In the last 10 years, OES has ventured into different projects, with a core interest in education. The portfolio of businesses and subsidiaries created under OES revolves around education, research, innovation, training and consultancy.
In 2007, OES embarked on an ambitious project which has seen the inception of GUtech – the German University of Technology in Oman – the first university in the GCC region to collaborate with a German University, RWTH Aachen University. This collaboration has hailed GUtech into a top quality university in Oman, offering Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programmes to Omani and international students. All programmes are taught in the English language.
OES has adopted a spin off model that delivers value to students, partners, industry, government, employees, and its communities. This has resulted in OES pioneering projects and businesses entrenched in education and beyond.