– Responsible for overseeing Electrical Engineering activities in Client Onshore LNG Projects, ensuring all technical requirements such as project specifications, data sheets, etc. are in full compliance with project requirements, standardised processes, and are delivered to the highest technical quality standards. Provide clear guidance to the EPC contractor and facilitate resolution of technical issues to complete electrical engineering activities to meet project objectives and milestones.
Key Job Accountabilities (Max 10, each unique, exclude generic)
– Leads electrical engineering design and planning activities and ensures EPC contractor develops detailed design in accordance with local regulatory requirements, industry standards, project specifications and any approved variations.
– Resolve electrical discipline issues to ensure engineering design addresses Client Project’s expectations and objectives. Communicate and elevate issues before they escalate to Project Management when necessary.
– Review technical aspects of electrical system purchase orders with EPC Contractor and vendors in accordance with the roles and responsibilities stated in applicable contract(s) to ensure safe and seamless integration of electrical systems to the existing operating facilities.
– Assess discipline plans and work schedules to ensure effective completion of project activities and provide data (narrative, charts, graphs), change management recommendations and recovery plans to address any schedule delays.
– Develop, update and amend design / project philosophies, specifications and procedures ensuring that all references to Electrical Engineering are current and relevant.
– Monitor and provide guidance to EPC Contractor to ensure key discipline deliverables, progress/milestones are met.
– Recommend additional technical support where necessary to address gaps.
– Coordinate and analyse discipline issues for resolution. Provide Electrical Engineering input to other engineering disciplines, construction, procurement etc as necessary.
– Support commissioning and system completing activities and make appropriate recommendations to management on electrical matters.
– Plan and schedule Electrical Engineering deliverables to enable efficient execution in meeting project milestones/schedule
– Leads brownfield interface coordination with Client OPCO to develop detailed design and execution plans to tie-in to existing systems.
– Contribute to Safety analysis studies and provide the required input to support project management in key decisions making.
– Participate in sharing lessons learned, together with capturing current lessons learned to benefit future projects.
– Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
Knowledge and/or Experience
– 15 years’ experience of Electrical Engineering, preferably in a major LNG Projects.
– Broad knowledge of engineering execution including design standards, specifications, codes, safety criteria, onshore LNG facilities design, construction and operations would be advantageous.
– Requires demonstrated broad Electrical equipment and systems experience (HV/MV/LV electrical systems design, transformers, switchgear, power management systems, electrical system controls and large Motors, 10MW+) and familiarity with relevant manufacturing processes and relevant industry codes
– High voltage and large-scale onshore power design requirements.
– Brownfield engineering and execution knowledge an advantage.
Technical and Business Skills
– Excellent written and oral English skills.
– Strong technical and discipline management skills.
– Good organisational, planning and coordination skills.
– Good communication, influencing and interface skills.
– Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs, etc.
LA Recruitment Ltd and it’s associated companies (LA Recruitment WLL, LA Recruitment USA Inc and LA Recruitment & Management Services Ltd) have been leading the way in delivering experienced, qualified direct hire and contract personnel to the Oil & Gas and Construction industries for 30 years.
We are involved in the placement of Engineering, Commercial, Project Support, Marine and Technical personnel.
With our Head Office based in Aberdeen, UK and additional offices in Qatar, Houston and Malaysia, we offer support to many of the world’s leading Oil & Gas, LNG and Construction companies.