This role is for UDC Subsidiary Hospitality Development Company
- To ensure that food offering is executed as per the Franchisors specification, within the budget cost boundaries and compliance of the food safety standards.
- Develop a culinary team to its maximum potential ensuring passion and commitment at all time.
- Assist the operations manager in the implementation of all policies and management of the store.
- Can cover for a period each kitchen section.
- Is the custodian of food safety within the operations ensuring compliance at all time
- Is ensuring our food cost remains within budget
- Is the responsible for the culinary execution, taste and Innovation of the F&B products / recipes.
- Manage the culinary development of new concepts.
- The Exec Chef is ultimately responsible for the culinary side of the restaurant.
- Protect and execute the Know-How as per Brands specifications
- To maintain a strong communication with the Franchisor to ensure the recipe and execution is up to date.
- The Executive Chef has a commercial mind and will cease any business opportunities to the benefits of HDC and the Brand.
- The Executive Chef issue culinary reports on a regular basis to Operations Manager and General Manager.
- The executive chef assists the operations manager in managing the culinary team and culinary activities
- The Exec chef execute the culinary strategy.
- This position is considered a senior part of the operations team and Restaurant managers and chefs alike would report to an executive chef as they would to the operations manager who holds the ultimately responsibility of the operations.
- The Executive chef audits on a regular basis his kitchen and ensures the highest standards of product quality and hygiene is in effect. Adapting policies systems and procedures to exceed Baladiya requirements
- The Executive chef communicates with the Brands and operations manager to ensure all legal requirements are met and the business is safe and secure from legal actions including closures.
- Developing the brands and its people through training initiatives, promotional activities and new menus falls under the remit of the executive chef.
- Reports, draw and implement corrective actions on any Health and Safety, customer complaints, food safety and cost control issues.
- Assist in the supplier sourcing
- Select and approve every product.
- Required to be accessible and responsive to occasional urgent requests from the Operations Manager or General Manager outside of normal working hours
- May occasionally have to travel outside of Qatar
- He is fully aware of the competitors offering and advise the Franchisors, Operations Manager and General Manager of local trends to influence the menu development.
- Drive competition visits.
Health & Hygiene
- Promote a food safe culture environment and is the custodian of Food safety in the operations.
- Maintains a high level of personal hygiene – according to prescribed standards from HDC operations
- Adheres to all policies and procedures as prescribed by HDC operations
- Follows guidelines and directions from Baladiya (municipality) officers and protects the business by ensuring all potential closure factors are reported to line manager in a timely fashion.
- Must ensure all food products is served to guests are safe and free from foreign bodies.
- Promote a “Clean as you go” culture in the kitchen
- Food & Beverage Skills
- The executive chef propose an annual culinary plan through the operations manager in close coordination with the marketing team and the annual marketing calendar.
- Support in developing the brand business and its people through training initiatives, promotional activities and new menus in coordination with the franchisor.
- Managing suppliers and involvement with produce negotiations as well as strict management of inventory controls onsite – ensuring correct cooking methods, portion controls and recipe standards are checks to be performed by the executive chef.
- Always maintains strict observations on all food as well as beverages and is not afraid to reject poor quality ingredients that may result in guest dissatisfaction.
- Reports any issues to the MOD in charge in a timely fashion.
- Drive food tastings and samples the menu in order to understand the product and how to correctly sell each dish.
- Ensures the highest standards and consistent quality in the daily preparation and keeps up to date with the new products, recipes and preparation techniques.
- Follows all relevant operational and company policies and procedures so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner
- To maintain standards of hospitality that exceed expectations for every guests that enters our restaurants
- To serve food in an efficient and structured manner according to the brand sequence of service
- Analyse the comments cards analysis / cost control report / sales mix / P&L / Food safety audits and build corrective actions plans.
- To build relationships with each of our guests to ensure they make return visits to our outlets and get direct feedbacks.
- To anticipate guest needs and ensure all special requirements are met in a timely fashion.
- To effectively manage and champion guest complaints and resolve issues to the guest’s satisfaction
- To communicate and inform to line managers of issues, potential problems and operational shortfalls on a daily basis.
- To understand that “ Gaining customer loyalty is our only mission “.
- Completes all assigned paperwork correctly, accurately and genuinely according to legal requirements and HDC operational standards.
- Ensures all recipes are workable and 100% correct with clear method of preparations.
- Correctly completes all HR administration related to oneself in a timely and professional manner
- Drive the recruitment of the culinary team
- Maintains confidentiality with company procedures and policies and does not disclose information to parties outside
- HDC without line managers permission.
- Support in the performance evaluation and people management process of the culinary team Food Margins
- Assist the Chef-in-Charge to train on dish specification and how to achieve food margins
- Build with the Chef in Charge the PAR level
- Controls wastage and records / reports all wastage
- Staff Food policy is followed with no unauthorized food leaving the kitchen
- Ensure correct FIFO and HACCP practices and develop the culinary SOP of the brand along the Franchisors, Operations Manager and General Manager and ensure it does not conflict with the company overall SOPs.
- Monitors & controls stock levels – daily, weekly and monthly ensuring there are no shortfalls
- Audit on a regular basis the receiving.
Delivery of Food Service
- Ensure all recipes and preparation requirements are met
- Ensure all food is presented for service in a timely manner and in correct sequence
- Ensure that the storage of food meets company and statutory health and safety requirements
- Deal with any customer returned food in a timely manner
- Leads by example, setting the pace and standards
- Assist in training and developing team
- Proactive in problem solving
- Inspire, train and develop the culinary team.
- Bachelor in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management or related field
- 7 years related experience in hospitality Industry
- Decision Making.
- Concern for Order and Quality.
- Interpersonal Understanding.
- Good communication skills.
- Good command of written and verbal English.
- Planning and Organizing
- Time Management
- Job Location
- Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry
- Real Estate; Hospitality & Accomodation; Catering, Food Service, & Restaurant
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 7
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma