ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESInclude the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Maintains F&B Inventory detail records; performs F&B event settlements and event income (flash) reports.
- Preparation of F&B facility financial statements and supporting schedules.
- Reconciles general ledger account activity, balances A/R and A/P control accounts to detail aging.
- Maintains F&B cash balance records, reconciles cash receipts and disbursements to the general ledger.
- Accounts for facility F&B financial transactions and inputs event journal entries.
- Assists A/R and A/P clerks with the coding of receipts and disbursements into the general ledger.
- Performs monthly account analysis on F&B general ledger accounts and prepares adjusting journal entries.
- Coordinates internal and external audits of the facility F&B financial records
- Prepares monthly schedules for F&B Sales and Mixed Beverage Tax remittances
- Reconciles event POS system reports and contracted vendor settlement statements
- Audits F&B cash handling procedures and performs cash vault audits
- Analysis F&B credit card settlements and chargebacks
- Reconciles monthly F&B inventory reports and cost of sales calculations
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance from a four-year college or university
- Some part-time or summer internship experience in a position with accounting responsibilities preferred, or similar combination of education and experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this job:
- Thorough knowledge of financial and cost accounting
- Knowledge of spreadsheets and word processing software
- Excellent math skills and attention to details
- Effective communication, interpersonal and organizational skills required
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff including management and clients
- Ability to function independently with minimal supervision
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Job Location
- Company Industry
- Catering, Food Service, & Restaurant; Food & Beverage Production
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Accounting and Auditing
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies