The Facilities Maintenance & Operations Manager is a full-time, year-round position located in the Mammoth Hot Springs area of Yellowstone National Park. This position is Responsible for administering the parkwide facility maintenance program.
To learn more about the Engineering department in Yellowstone, click here!
- Vacation, Holiday and Sick Leave
- Health, life and other insurance benefits
- Free Employee Recreation Program (hiking, photography, camping, wildlife watching, and more!) Check out the YCERP website here!
- Discounts in and around Yellowstone
- Housing is not provided for this position
Why Yellowstone National Park Lodges
We are a welcoming community who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy crafting memorable experiences for our guests. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection, we are the primary authorized concessioner in Yellowstone, and as such, we are proud stewards of the park.
PLEASE NOTE: As we closely monitor the COVID-19 pandemic, we continue to adopt appropriate sanitation measures and are carefully following Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and state protocols for preventing the spread of COVID-19. We are dedicated to creating a safe and healthy environment for both employees and guests.
Project management functions for facility maintenance projects.
- Managing park-wide trade’s personnel and activities to effectively provide physical and technical support to location managers in support of Operations Department requirements.
- Coordination, documentation, and direct oversight of service and construction work performed by outside contractors including quality assurance, and closeout functions.
- Coordination of contractor and Park-wide Trades – accomplished maintenance and repair activities in support of location Maintenance Manager operational requirements.
- Providing oversight, quality assurance, and closeout functions for Facility Maintenance & Operations Division-contracted repair and facility project work.
- Assistance in the development of the annual Facility Maintenance & Operations Division Capital Budget and the execution of that budget.
- Development of facility, system and equipment operating procedures and practices.
- Leading and coordinating Facility Maintenance & Operations Division’s design review, construction progress monitoring and acceptance of completed capital projects.
- Developing detailed “Spring Opening” and “Fall Closing” schedules based on Operations Department Opening and Closing Schedules.
- The implementation of facility maintenance, facility repair and facility operation best practices and technologies across the Xanterra Yellowstone Facilities Maintenance & Operations Division.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Knowledge:
The Facilities Maintenance & Operations Manager must:
- Have a minimum of three (3) years of maintenance management experience.
- Have experience with at least one CMMS software system.
- Possess strong technical writing skills and a talent for expressing complex concepts in easily understandable, concise language.
- Be knowable of OSHA standards applicable to facility maintenance, operation and construction.
- Have well-developed organizational skills.
- Have a talent for “getting the details right” and derive personal satisfaction from doing so.
- Be proficient in reading and interpreting construction drawings, Operating & Maintenance Manuals, technical specifications and industry literature as required to develop operating and repair procedures.
- Be able to effectively communicate with internal Xanterra departments, NPS staff and repair contractors.
- Must be proficient with the Microsoft Office software suite.
- Have the talents and skills required to effectively train Facility Maintenance and Operations staff in the proper operation and repair of systems and equipment.
The Facilities Maintenance & Operations Manager must:
- Be capable of lifting and moving objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Be able to walk long distances over uneven terrain and climb stairs and ladders in all types of weather conditions.
- Be able to sit, stand, bend, kneel, and crawl for long periods of time as required.
- Be at least 21 years of age and possess a current, valid driver’s license and a safe driving record.
The Facilities Maintenance & Operations Manager is authorized and expected to:
- Stop unsafe work practices whenever observed.
- Stop work practices which have the potential to violate environmental laws and regulations whenever observed.
Live. Work. Explore. Yellowstone National Park Is Naturally Different
At Yellowstone National Park Lodges, we are a welcoming community who work hard, share a passion for the environment, and enjoy creating memorable experiences for our guests. We are the primary concessionaire in Yellowstone National Park. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection family, we embrace a “naturally different” lifestyle that allows you to live, work, and explore one of the most beautiful places on earth. We are a company based on values that reflect an environmental ethic and social conscience – for the long-term. Our business practices exemplify environmental stewardship, and a desire to protect and preserve our public lands.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.