We are seeking an experienced leader in managing and running our new Academy in Muscat, whereby it shall offer world class programs in hospitality from VETbyEHL (Ecole Hotelier Lausanne). The General Director’s role shall be to develop, drive and implement the learning direction for the organisation and deliver organisational growth and revenue targets.
The candidate must be able to both manage the strategic and the operational and commercial functions of the business and be the role model and custodian for service excellence at the Academy.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the General Director of the Academy shall have overall responsibility for the day to day management of the Academy to deliver the strategic goals of the organisation.
- Overall responsibility for financial targets, sales volume, profit objectives including financial reporting, CAPEX expenditures, revenues and costs.
- Liaise with all relevant stakeholders to ensure timely delivery of all pre-opening activities
- Ensure the implementation of all aspects of the Licensee Manual and VET by EHL standards
- Recruit key positions to ensure timely operationalization of the Training Centre
- Represent the project publicly and commence Marketing Activities
- Drive and enforce a guest-centric culture with the highest of professionalism, client orientation, entrepreneurship and empowerment. Ensure world class experience and standards are maintained for both students, parents, industry partners and government bodies.
- Lead productivity and innovation culture within the organisation.
- Represent the institute publicly where required.
- Meet enrolment targets to maximise the centre capacity whilst maintaining the highest of standards in admissions and student selection.
- Establish and maintain strong industry networks across clients, vendors, partners and institutions. Set overall direction for proposals, sales and marketing strategies and collaterals based upon evaluation of business opportunities and ensure that these are successfully implemented to drive increased visibility, reputation and return on investment of the institute.
- Overall responsibility for the management and running of the centre ensuring successful classroom and student administration, IT systems, security processes, assessment and grading policies, semestrial induction, opening and closure and certificate issuance and graduation ceremonies.
- Ensure appropriate talent and performance management systems are in place for HODs, instructors and non-academic personnel.
- Overall responsible for the career development and life-long learning opportunities of students and the Centre human capital to improve the Omanisation target of the Sultanate.
- Recruit and nurture the centre employees, and where needed, deliver courses and classes and be a role model for employees, students and industry partners.
- Evaluate current and emerging local and international government initiatives and regulatory changes in the context of the organisation’s offering and ensure these are reflected in all necessary accreditation standards and policies.
- Evaluate the competitive business landscape to identify expansion opportunities and ensure that needs are translated into innovative product and services that will positively impact on the life-long learning opportunities for the industry at the same time improve the centre’s market share.
- Develops and establishes the portfolio management of the organisations products and services.
- Overall responsible for the organisational quality assurance standards and policies.
- Establish the corporate governance regulations and quality management system of the Centre.
- Job Location
- Muscat, Oman
- Company Industry
- Training & Education Center
- Company Type
- Employer (Public Sector)
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Years of Experience
- Min: 15
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma
Hospitality And Hotel Management