IFS – Finance – Financial Planning & Analysis Leader – Senior Manager
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS – Finance
Job Description & Summary
A career in Finance, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help PwC in all aspects of our Finance internal function including financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and assisting leadership with overall strategy. You’ll focus on recording and analysing financial transactions, paying and receiving invoices, maintaining financial statement ledger accounts, and preparing analysis and reconciliations of bills to detect fraud.
Our Accounting team helps internal leaders with fixed assets accounting and asset management, financial reporting, accounting research and analysis, statutory and regulatory reporting, and data security. As part of the team, you’ll assist with monthly closings, financial analysis, oversight and management of controls and compliance, tax and cash projections and data security.
– Supporting the Middle East leadership making strategic decisions through providing analysis and insights along with timely & accurate financial reporting.
– Responsible for all timely recurring and adhoc internal financial reporting either globally or locally to different stakeholders, and act as the single source of truth for data validation.
– Managing the budgeting and forecasting processes for the ME firm, covering internal functions (IFS) and Lines of Service (LOS. Responsibility for the smooth running of the entire annual budgeting process, from planning, guidance, execution, challenge and review and leadership sign off.
– Responsible for enhancing user experience through better reporting solutions through PBI dashboards, that provides real time and periodic reporting & insights.
– Accountable for alignment of finance function to global data strategy.
– Responsible for the structuring, management and integrity of financial data within the core finance reporting tools
– Oversee the chart of accounts and is responsible for executing internal cost structures changes into the finance reporting system structures
– Oversee distribution of internal reporting to key stakeholders at the end of each period, in the form of Operating Statements, Balance Sheet, Trial Balance and / or other tailored system generated reports.
– Perform monthly review of business performance and provide commentary summary on results
– Provide innovative reporting solutions to ad hoc management information requests from the business
– Work closely with the Corporate Development Team on data preparation and validation of the 3 years plan, and ensure the alignment between the Business plan and the annual budget.
– Drive the annual budgeting process, working with LoS Finance and IFS leaders to develop and consolidate all LoS / IFS budgets appropriately
– Lead the forecasting process during the year and support the leadership with the required analysis
– Business partner with all LoS Finance, IFS functions, country Finance and other key functions within the Core Finance team from a reporting and insights perspective.
– Responsible for the regional strategy on In Country Value score improvement and success of the annual certification process.
– Ensure transparency and visibility of the annual reporting plan and time table to all stakeholders.
– Enhance users’ experience through smart reporting using advanced reporting tools like Power BI.
– Maintain proper controls over distribution of the reports according to the security metrics.
– Support the business with ad hoc reports, and drive continuous improvements of budgeting and reporting solutions.
– Ensure LoS and Function requirements for central reporting and creates suite of both standardised and tailored reports to be populated by a single source of the truth
– Work with Enterprise Data Team (EDT) on reporting requirements from data warehouse perspective, and responsible for validation of reports
– Support all LoS / Function Business Partners and their stakeholders through the annual planning & Budgeting cycle, so that all templates and reports are consistent across deliverables, and continuously work on enhancing the tool and the process through the gathered feedback.
– Review operating statements and management reports for end users from a quality assurance perspective.
– Manage period ends processes to ensure completeness and accuracy of reports, and escalate any variances or issues through proper escalation channels.
– Support adjustments to the chart of accounts in line with requirements from other core finance teams following Financial controls approval.
– Responsible for ensuring teams drive consistency with internal policies to control access to sensitive/confidential data.
– Ensure maintenance of data quality across the function.
– Set the firm’s regional budgeting process and guidelines, develop tools and templates for completion by function & LoS, ensuring deadlines are met and the overall management of the budgeting process.
– Responsible for review and improvement of end to end financial planning, investment and budgeting processes.
– Continuous improvement of processes efficiency through automation and alternative reporting solutions.
Learning and Growth
– Stay up to date on reporting tools to understand emerging best practices
– Build capabilities within the function, develop leadership skills of direct reports, and ensure that training plans are in place to develop the function’s staff technically and managerially
– Capture templates and standards into a repository to build the team’s own knowledge management database
– Responsible for the continuing professional development of self and team members
– Support internal knowledge management best practices, creating communities of practice both within own team and across wider function
– Act as a key resource and liaison to other functional areas of the business, building cross-functional relationships as needed
– Establish a healthy working environment for employees
– Professional qualification in accounting
– Fluency in written and spoken English, with excellent communication skills, proficiency in Arabic is an advantage
– 10+ years of experience of which at least 3 years is in a management role
– Prior FP&A lead experience essential
– Budgeting & forecasting experience
– Internal reporting & business analysis
– Experience in professional services preferable
– Strong reporting and visualisation skills
– Strong analytical, consultative, and communication skills; as well as the ability to make good judgment and work with both technical and business personnel
– Lead a team to work collaboratively with vendors/suppliers to ensure technical application designs meet stakeholder expectation, and adhere to technology roadmaps, quality reviews and standards
– Ability to lead a team in evaluating specific infrastructure technology design needs and issues and propose viable solutions for the organization’s business needs
– In depth knowledge of designing and implementing policies and procedures related to budgeting, reporting and analysis
– Excellent level of accuracy to a high level of detail
– Excellent Microsoft Excel skills and Powerpoint/G-suite presentation skills
– Ability to influence senior management and to maintain a strong working relationship with managers across the organization
– Good organisation and office management skills to ensure coverage of workload
– Strong knowledge in financial planning, budgeting and forecasting guidelines
– Ability to manage large or difficult analysis projects
– High level of analytical and quantitative ability
– Organization, thoroughness, eye for detail, time management skills and proactivity needed
– Skilled in maintaining client relationships
– Strong liaison skills, with the ability to maintain geographical relationships
– Excellent people management skills
– Excellent negotiation skills
– Excellent customer service skills
– Strong decision making skills
– Strong work ethic
– Ethical conduct
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they’re looking for.
We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets – UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.