Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS – Information Technology (IT)
Job Description & Summary
A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. You’ll focus on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing both client and internal facing applications within PwC, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for the Firm to drive strategic business growth.
Our Information Technology Project Management team collaborates with PwC practice leaders to develop and deliver technology solutions. We provide project management oversight and collaborate with various project resources and vendors to ensure the appropriate methodology is followed, deliverable quality is high, and satisfaction is achieved. Simply put, you’ll solve business problems using technology, work with multiple teams concurrently, and be able to take pride in end to end ownership of a project.
The Project Manager is a key role within the Technology team and will be responsible for leading and delivering key projects and managing the PMO activities. They will oversee the end to end delivery of projects from idea to post implementation review and benefit realisation, working in close alignment with key Technology business stakeholders across the Middle east region, Finance and central other IT Leads, cross LoS and globally as required. Projects will vary, such as: new and enhanced technology solutions aligned to the firms RiD, TT and I&G strategic pillars, establishing key BAU capabilities to enhance Tech Operations, and leading a programme of continuous improvement within the Tech PMO.
The role holder will also work with the Agile Tech PMO Lead to establish and then run the PMO for Technology that will include developing the framework for project initiatives, prepare packs for the key Governance meetings, create and maintain the Tech capacity plan, defining and tracking WIP limits across the Tech teams, supporting the Business Relationship Managers and overall promoting and embedding a culture of agility and trust of Tech PMO delivery within the firm.
– Manage assigned projects following the agile project framework
– Ensure assigned projects are fully scoped, have a robust Business Case and key stakeholders are identified
– Work closely with the IT Leads and Business Relationship Managers, Tech Comms Lead to ensure all Business Readiness, Communications and People changes are identified, planned and delivered
– Ensure required business and technical architecture assessments and analysis is undertaken for each project so there is a clear vision for the future state and the change actions required
– With the Agile Tech PMO Lead, establish the PMO and the necessary governance framework and cadence
– Lead on PMO activities and play a key role in the Tech enabled delivery tracking and ensuring that the construct of the projects are set up to delivery iterative value throughout the lifecycle
Experience & personal attributes
– 3 – 5 years Project Management experience having lead a diverse portfolio of people, process and technology changes
– Experience of working within Transformation as either a Project Manager or PMO Manager would be highly advantageous
– Previous experience of PMO set-up and PMO delivery
– An adaptable individual who can comfortably take on a varied portfolio of change
– Interpersonal skills and strong stakeholder engagement skills are mandatory
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they’re looking for.
We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets – UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.