As a key point of contact during the onboarding and induction period, the onboarding officer plays a vital role for a smooth onboarding of all new hires and provides exceptional customer service throughout process. He/she facilitates a consistent and seamless onboarding experience for all newly hired employees and internal transfers. This role assumes responsibility for all onboarding activities once the candidate has officially accepted the offer. The onboarding officer liaises directly with the resourcing, rewards and L&D team as well as hiring managers across the business. Additionally, the onboarding officer will provide general support to the resourcing team.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Works with the resourcing and rewards team to take ownership of each candidate once he/she accepts the job offer and supports new hires throughout the entire onboarding and induction period.
- Acts as dependable, responsive point of contact for new hires and hiring managers while maintaining effective communication and follow-through.
- Ensures materials shared with candidates are accurate to safeguard new hires understand their responsibilities during the onboarding / work visa process.
- Resolves any delays or obstacles in the onboarding process in a timely fashion, including reminders to the new hires and requesting any missing information / documentation.
- Utilizes the onboarding tracking system to monitor and manage the onboarding process. Proactively reviews onboarding reports for red flags and escalates any issues or changes to a candidate’s start date.
- Serves as link between the resourcing and PRO team during the immigration process.
- Works with line managers, business partners and the L&D team to implement effective onboarding and training approaches to maximize transfer of knowledge and skills during the onboarding process and ensures an overall positive onboarding experience.
- Supports new hires and their families settling-in while serving as guide around finding housing, schools, driving etc.
- Gathers and analyses data on new hire onboarding experiences to identify and recommend opportunities for process improvements.
- Performs any other job-related duties as assigned.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively, build strong relationships and influence line managers.
- Easy to approach and spends extra efforts to put others at ease.
- Ability to work independently for day-to-day tasks, effectively manage multiple projects, tasks, and priorities.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Degree in human resources or equivalent experience
- 2-3 years’ experience in HR, preferably recruitment, PRO and onboarding of new employees
- Bilingual (English / Arabic) is a must
- Job Location
- Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Max: 2
- Residence Location
- Certification / diploma