Tamil Nadu NEET 2021 Counselling will be conducted on the basis of NEET 2021 scores. NEET is a national level medical entrance examination organized by the NTA for providing admission in MBBS & BDS courses. There will be no other state level or national level exam organize for admission into these courses. In the state of Tamil Nadu, counselling for 85% seats will be regulated by the Selection Committee, Directorate of Medical Education. Here we are providing details about Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling 2021.
Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling 2021
After qualifying the NEET exam, candidates will have to participate in the counselling process to get admission. MCC (Medical Council Committee) will organize the counselling only for the 15% AIQ seats. Counselling for another 85% state quota will be administrated by the respective state authorities.
To participate in Tamil Nadu NEET counselling candidates will have to fill the separate counselling application form. Seat allotment will be given based on the rank, filled choices, category and availability of seats.
Tamil Nadu MBBS/BDS Counselling Schedule 2021
Following are the complete tentative schedule for Tamil Nadu NEET 2021 counseling procedure:
|Notification release||August 2021|
|Release of application||August 2021|
|Last date to submit the application form||1st week of September 2021|
|Release of rank list||1st week of September 2021|
|First counselling for Special Category and wards of I.R.T. employees||–|
|Second counselling for Special Category and wards of I.R.T. employees||–|
|Commencement of courses||Last week of September 2021|
|Last date for admission||October 2021|
Selection & Admission Procedure
Candidates can check here the step-wise counselling procedure:
- To participate in the counselling process, candidates have to fill and submit the counselling application form.
- Fill all the details carefully.
- Candidates have to paste their photograph and put signature in the prescribed space.
- After filling the application candidates required to send the application via speed post/courier to the address mentioned below:
162, Periyar E.V.R. High Road
Kilpauk, Chennai – 600 010
- Candidates have to submit the DD along with application form.
- The application fee will be Rs. 500/-.
- SC & ST candidates will be exempted from the payment of application fee.
- DD should be drawn in favor of “The Secretary, Selection Committee” Kilpauk, Chennai-10 payable at Chennai.
Release of Merit List:
- The merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks scored in the qualifying exam and NEET 2021 exam.
- The merit list will be published through the website.
- Students will be called for counselling according to their merit list.
Choice Filling and Submission:
- Candidates have to fill their choices at the time of counselling.
- Candidates have to appear for counselling in person at the specified venue and date.
- Candidates will be able to download their call letters from the website.
- The allotment of seats will be done at the time of counselling.
- Seat allotment will depend upon the filled choices and availability of seats.
Reporting to the Allotted College:
- Once the seat allotment will done, candidates will require to appear at the allotted college to confirm their seats.
- Candidates have to bring the allotment letter and required fees and original documents at the allotted college.
- Candidates have to go through the medical examination at their respective college.
Here we have provided the reservation criteria for admission as prescribed by the Government of Tamil Nadu:
|Most Back ward Class||20%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||18%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||1%|
Candidates must have to attach their documents along with filled application form. Candidates have to attach only the photocopies of the required documents. Below we have mentioned the documents required to participate in the counselling process:
- HSC or equivalent exam mark sheet
- HSC hall ticket
- 10th class mark sheet
- Transfer certificate
- Nativity certificate (if applicable)
- Permanent Community Certificate Card
- Certificate proof of study from VIII to XII Standard
- First graduate certificate (if applicable)
- Category certificate
- NEET score card
For any other queries about Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling 2021, you may leave your queries below.