Action Against Hunger is an international non-governmental organization working in more than 40 countries in the fields of nutrition, food security and livelihoods, water sanitation and hygiene, and care practices. ACF is looking for its program in Jordan for WASH Senior Officer – Data Management & GIS
Work place: Irbid, JORDAN. With possibility of movement to other JORDAN Action Against Hunger offices
Under the direct supervision of the Program Manager (PM),The program officer is responsible for the Databases management, coordinates and monitors the work of the Data entry ensure the Compliance of all program data and documentation.
1) Ensure the quality and accuracy of the data management process including GIS data
- Ensure regular and accurate data entry by the Data Entry Team
- Manage the database, acting as a Focal Point for everything related to the creation, use and analysis of the database, including data cleaning and extraction of reports and analysis tables
- Ensure the linkage between the databases and any future software, platform used by the organization
- Report any errors identified during data review to appropriate team members and assist in resolving issues
- With guidance from WASH Program Manager, build new components of database, including data collection and tools
- Maintain master copies of data collection forms (ensuring accurate updating as needed) and supporting documentation for data management system
- Develop appropriate questionnaires on the available software (KOBO , ODK , .. ) in collaboration with the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) department
- Develop and ensure application of dataflow process and standard operating procedures
- In collaboration with the Program team, analyse the Databases according to the needs and generate data analysis tools and materials (matrices, tables, graphs, dashboards, etc.)
- Contribute to the quantitative reporting, extracting the needed data and analysis.
- Conduct data collection audits
- Develop new data collection and data analysis tools as required
- Convert, import and export data from systems as required
- Promote timely reporting of data
- Manage the GIS database of the consortium and ensure tasks are completed in accordance to the Area Assessment needs (map analysis, GIS tracing, GPS data management, harmonization of databases, data analysis in line with TOR of Area Assessment, and data mapping), collaborating closely with the Consortium members.
- Ensure that relevant data elements are collected in a standardised manner compatible with Geographic Information System (GIS) and generate digital maps.
- Coordinate with the consortium partner(s) to define data structure, interfaces and algorithms
2) Ensure the Compliance of all program data and documentation according to Action Against Hunger regulations and procedures
- Identify, analyse and evaluate processes and gaps in the management of WASH data and supporting documents through regular internal audits and inspections
- Provide recommendations for improvement and follow up on their implementation, under the supervision of the Program Manager.
- Create and manage effective action plans in response to internal and external audit findings and compliance violations
- Ensure that all WASH data and supporting documents are complying with Action Against Hunger policies, Standard Operating Procedures and guidelines
- Support the Data entry team to define an efficient and rigorous digital and hardcopy archiving system and supervise the implementation
- Check the quality of the data and supporting documents and report to the WASH Program Manager any problems encountered
3) Lead, manage and provide technical support to the team
- Ensure the management of the data entry team and lead the recruitment of new members when required
- Train and supervise the team members and develop training topics;
- Provide the team with daily technical and organizational support;
- Provide direction, assign tasks and give instructions to staff under his / her supervision, and follow up their individual work plans.
- Carry out appraisals and evaluation of the team under his/her supervision.
- Organize the overall work flow of the team to optimize the capacity of each team member, and coordinate with the team members for the joint activities.
4) Fulfil general responsibilities and contribute to broader Action Against Hunger Jordan operational quality and consistency
- Upon request of the WASH Program manager, participate in meetings and events related to the WASH program.
- Represent Action Against Hunger in coordination meetings upon the request of the WASH Program Manager
- Commit to comply to the organization rules, policies and practices
- Support planning, implementation and follow-up of activities and exercises;
- Maintain the confidentiality of all sensitive information at all times
- Perform other job related tasks as requested by the supervisor
- Commit to and comply with the organisation’s gender, age, and diversity principles and policies (working with people, communication)
- Support on the implementation and the promotion of gender, age and diversity principles through daily activities and or through the management of their teams (Managing performance & development)
- Team management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good report writing skills
- Good analytical skills
- Flexibility – dynamism – pro-activeness
- Problem solving skills, and creative and innovative thinking
- Knowledge in using and design for on KOBO , ODK , etc..
- IT skills
- Experience in WASH programs
- Knowledge using GIS databases (ArchGIS or similar).
Education: Bachelor degree: within IT / Computer science / MIS / CIS / computer engineer / Software engineering / business administration or any other related qualifications.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in senior position
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in using Advance Microsoft office application (Ex: Excel , Word)
- Minimum 2 years’ in management and utilization of program data (preferably WASH related programming)
- Minimum 1 years’ experience of working in INGO
- Action Against Hunger experience a plus but not mandatory
Language level: Fluent in Arabic and intermediate level of English language (speaking and writing)
Action Against Hunger is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Action Against Hunger has zero-tolerance for bribery, corruption or abuse of power in any form. If you suspect or find yourself in a related situation during your interaction with Action Against Hunger, immediately contact the organization’s management through the following address:abusereport2jo-actionagainsthunger.org.
Please note that any application submitted through the abuse report address will not be considered.
How to apply:
The application period closes on 07/03/2021 at 3:30 PM.
Before applying, please make sure that you have read the requirements for the position and that you qualify.
Applications from non-qualifying applicants will most likely be discarded by the recruiting manager.Local recruitment is highly encouraged.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Job Location
- Irbid, Jordan
- Company Industry
- Non-profit Organization
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role
- Support Services
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- $1,000 – $1,500
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 2
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma
IT, Computer science, MIS, CIS, Computer Engineer, Software Engineering, Business Administration