WSP are looking to appoint Works Inspectors in Qatar and will be responsible for undertaking inspections on site in accordance with the utilities-related Inspection and Test Plans (ITP’s).
Key objectives of the role:
– Attending to Inspection Requests (IR’s) submitted by the contractor and take appropriate action in a timely manner.
– Reviewing submitted shop drawings against contract drawings and specifications, local codes and statutory requirements, and international best practice.
– Reporting any works carried out by contractor found to not be in accordance with approved drawing and specifications and report to stakeholders for appropriate action.
– Monitoring quality of works and assessing the safety at the site including health and environmental issues, ensuring compliance with contractual / QCS specifications and safety and health risk assessments.
– Maintaining records for daily activities on site including progress photos and ensure they are readily available for inspection as and when required.
– Preparing surveillance report(s) for deficiencies of work found at site and nonconformance reports (NCR) if required in view of the development of events.
– Checking and ensuring effective co-ordination between discipline-related works and all other disciplines.
– Providing technical input and experiences to resolve any discipline-related issues on site that may arise.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
– BSc/Diploma in a relevant discipline within the Engineering industry.
– Around 5 years of experience, as well as local experience in Qatar
– Strong communication skills in English (Arabic would be an advantage)
WSP is one of the world’s leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.